Sunday, February 7, 2010

'Allo, Paris Calling...

Thanks to the brilliant creative planning and construction skills of our nephew, Sean, "Le Studio Robbins" is open for business!
Using our flat's minute, barely 'walk-in' linen cupboard (just about 24" wide!), he built me a little table under a shelf that holds my computer, my Mbox, my microphone and microphone stand, and my pocket drive just perfectly.

Closing the door, and squeezing myself into the chair -- feeling a bit like a member of the Resistance, hidden deep in enemy territory, sending furtive messages to HQ in London -- I recorded a new reading for KWMR's Turning Pages at Nature's Pace, beginning the latest book by Diane Ackerman, Dawn Light: Dancing with Cranes and Other Ways to Start the Day. A delightful reverie of the world at dawn.























Once recorded and edited, using Pro Tools, music laid in, etc., and with just a few taps, clicks and commands on the computer, the audio file "bounced" to disk, transferred into iTunes, converted into an mp3 file, uploaded onto my website, has been downloaded by my co-host at the radio station, burned onto a CD -- and will be aired tomorrow morning, Monday, at 10 am PST! Tune in, if you can.
(www.kwmr.org).

How cool is that?!!

À bientôt!

4 comments:

  1. Wow love your "resitance" work area!!! and that it has all be down loaded!!!! - looking forward to seeing you and Alex. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!! Love Post from Paris
    I am off to National and Regional Chicken Shows this weekend. Ahhh the glamorous life.
    Will be planting twenty new rose bushes in my newly fenced garden next week can hardly wait to see the blooms
    Really do love your posts
    all the best to both you and Matthew
    Stay safe and warm
    Deb Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderfully awesome. Well done you and Sean!

    ReplyDelete